ABOUT US

St George was founded on November 27, 1962, by a number of families in the Winnipeg area. Most of the families had one spouse who was of Romanian Orthodox background. After making use of other Orthodox Church facilities for a number of years, an old Protestant building was purchased in the fall of 1969 and renovated for Orthodox liturgical use. At this time, St George became the first Orthodox parish in Canada to offer the full cycle of the Faith in the English Language.

In 1983, a new church building with a capacity for 200 people was constructed on land beside the original facility. Presently, there are members representing a variety of ethnic backgrounds who desire to worship in English. Nevertheless, marriages have been officiated in Arabic, English, French, Greek, Portuguese, Romanian, and Ukrainian.

St. George is part of the Romanian Episcopate, a diocese of the Orthodox Church in America and follows the New (Revised Julian) Calendar.

Address

121 Harvard Ave E.

Winnipeg, Manitoba

R2C 0L9 Canada

Contact

Rev. Fr. Clayton Michael Ungrin

 

204-222-1116

stgeorgewpg@gmail.com

 

HOURS

SUNDAY SERVICES

Hours: 9:30am

Liturgy: 10am

Fellowship "Hour": 11:45am 

Please note all scheduled activities are pending current Covid regulations.  Please see the Calendar for more details.

googlescreenshot_edited.jpg